POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : not precise ceil and floor description : Re: not precise ceil and floor description Server Time
29 Apr 2024 20:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: not precise ceil and floor description
From: ABX
Date: 23 Sep 2002 02:07:49
Message: <hibtoug7u3s1731hppu1l70c3bm3sa8og8@4ax.com>
On Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:48:58 +0200, "Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde>
wrote:
> > cail:      ".. greater than .."     =>     "... not less  than ..."
> > floor:     "... less  than ..."     =>     ".. not greater than .."
>
> No, double negations and negations of comparisons are extremely bad.

We use double negations in polish so it can insfluence my report however I'm
confused. I can't find double negation in my replacement proposition and
before I send it I have checked many sites with C descriptions and mostly
found they use "not less"/"not greater" versions. Those C functions are
directly called in POV parser. Would you like to unroll your statement ?

ABX